- List of possible topics for a reflective writing
- How to write an introduction
- How to write a thesis
- How to write body paragraphs
- How to conclude
A reflective essay is a form of writing, presented in the prosaic style. Flexible composition allows the author to make a subjective story on a given topic. It is justifying author`s personal opinion or describes his attitude to the chosen subject.
Main purposes of a reflective essay writing
It is important to formulate the ideas properly, especially in the written form. Tracing the causal relationships of thoughts and data make the text interesting and easy to read. Vivid illustrations with examples make any thesis understandable. Presentation of clear and distinctive conclusions make the reader think over the given theme.
Short theory and some examples will be a good guide when composing a great reflective essay. Method of information structure form allows achieving a readable text. It helps to improve creative thinking.
Possible topics for a reflective essay (Top-20)
An accurate theme format always demonstrates good results. When choosing the platform for future writing, two factors are to be taken into consideration:
- The topic should be understandable to the author;
- Information should intrigue the readers.
The author has an opportunity to disclose hundreds of concepts. We can chose the most popular subjects in various spheres of human life.
- My perception of the cultural aspects in my city.
- Influence of the Raphael paintings at the germination of my personality.
- Vaccinations arguments based on individual experience.
- PC modernization at home.
- My secrets of bringing up a small child without a nanny.
- How big politics influences my small business.
- Private outline to lazy tourists` maintenance.
- My family practical tips for youth.
- Prime numbers with the eyes of an amateur in mathematics.
- The individual practice of the preschool upbringing.
- Highlights of adolescence from experienced mother.
- The influence of religious aspects on my personality.
- My best cupcake recipe.
- How can I earn a lot of money?
- The uniqueness of cats in the one-day-life of my pet.
- Music training, as a way of expressing personality.
- Progressive nanotechnology novelties in my house.
- Unique personal technique of stress control.
- The author’s approach to the harmony of relations.
- The influence of history on the evolution of mankind through the personality.
Choosing a topic, the author consciously narrows the heading framework. It allows focus on the main outline. An illustrative example shows it clearly.
- “What can I say about the rest on the Mediterranean region.” (summarized information).
- “How to spend perfect holidays in Italy.” (shortening the topic).
- “Beauty of inimitable Florence with my eyes.” (a story about the only one city).
- “How I was carried away by the spirit of the streets of the old city.” (narrow locations).
In the text, you can tell about the season specification or the age limit of tourists who are selected as the target group of readers. It is important to combine well-known concepts with individual memories and suggestions.
A good theme is a guide that will allow the author to show originality and demonstrate the beautiful narration. When composing a reflection essay the writer shares his thoughts, feelings, and emotions. It is a narration about his plans and aspirations, etc.
Combination of an actual topic with the chosen form of an essay helps to identify the essence of the problematics.
A solid theory helps to avoid the overlapping, which can be regarded as plagiarism. After the inspiration topic is chosen, it requires a word décor. It may be interesting private observations or ideas that will surprise and attract the reader`s attention.
Successfully chosen essay topic will achieve the desired results. It may bring the author good evaluation, recognition and fame.
How to write an introduction for a reflective essay
Despite the free form of the composition, the reflective writing has clearly defined the structure.
The beginning should contain the main statement. The author emphasizes the content by a short comment that pays attention to the particular episode, deeply influenced the writer.
The concept of the “problematics of utterance” expresses the main question of the text. The topic indicated in the background information that helps to analyze feelings and memories. It is determined by several positions:
- the difference between reality and expectation;
- uncertainty of causes and upshot.
It is necessary to identify a basic idea that should be formulated in the form of an exclusive content. The main idea answered the thesis statement that the essay reveals. To hold the reader`s interest the author may use an open quote, like these that are by Abraham Maslow and Andre Maurois:
- “In a first-class soup much more art than in second-rate painting.”
- “A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems too short.”
How to write a thesis for a reflective essay
A good text, presented through the thesis, brings us closer to an understanding of the problematics. A holistic expression of the author’s thought, an interesting presentation of meaning, focus the reader’s attention to the very last word.
The author`s original thoughts and memories are the central lines of any reflective essay. Try to avoid many details. The abstracts are to be short. Use minimum of cliches, metaphors, and winged expressions. Apply special phrases if necessary as illustrative examples. In each paragraph, dynamics and actions should be traced. This forces the reader to draw parallels with his own experience and outlook. Content is to be uninterrupted the life experience. The idea should be clear and simple.
Each statement should be accompanied by an example or an explanation.
“I really enjoyed your workshop! Excellent!” Here an explanation is needed: “I learned new practices, understood principles, etc.” This evaluation thesis. Self-expression in thesis should be performed with a deep respect to the reader.
How to write body paragraphs for a reflective essay
The structure of the reflective essay assumes orderliness and logic, which are an integral part of the body of the text – the title, thesis, and conclusion.
When composing a reflexive essay, use an emotional artistic style with a variety of tone color sentences. Bright word samples help to understand the author’s thoughts expressed in the arguments.
The essay is a kind of message for a specific narrow audience who understands the content. The author underlines this information in such types of sentences: “My information is for college students who work over their diplomas.”
The reader understands the topic that the author tries to expand. This method allows avoid generalized descriptions and focus on a specific question.
The presence of the author should be viewed in every abstract. The main question of the text is set in the prime part. The author expresses his attitude to the statement posted at the beginning. Arguments are theoretical definition of the thesis. Through the individual attitude, the writer describes his position. These are events from real life, an experience of famous personalities, scientific facts. The structure and volume of the essay involve about two arguments for each thesis. The last part summarizes the answers to the question posed in the introduction.
How to write a conclusion for a reflective essay
Drawing up the final section, the author presents a summary. It is a result of thinking expressed in the thesis, proven in arguments and decorated with examples. The author’s novelty emphasizes the reader`s interest to look forward to new articles.
For example, describing the peculiarities of the banking system, you can mention an expression that will make the reader not only think, but also try the hint in real life. “Prove a bank that you do not need it. This makes it feel the strong will to provide you with the largest possible loan on favorable terms.”
The essay serves both the reader and the writer. The presence of aphorisms and non-standard forms of utterance make the text vivid. The usage of unique points of view, proven contradictions to generally accepted concepts make the content interesting. A reflective essay will help to develop an individual style of writing. It is supporting in mastering the skill of expressing one’s own thoughts. The aim is achieved if the essay makes the reader think, revise his own views, widen the area of self-education.